Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Final Art Project

To cover my art requirement, I chose to take an Observational Drawing class. Why did I take drawing out of choosing from either a drawing, theater, or dance class to cover the requirement? I wanted to learn how to draw because before this class, the only thing that I could probably draw was a stick figure, and even I don't think it was that good of a drawing. Maybe I'm over exaggerating a little bit, but I really took the class to better my drawing skills and I also wanted to prove to myself that I am capable of drawing something more legitimate than stick figures. After a whole semester's worth of going through some difficult obstacles, I'm glad that I took this course to challenge myself and to find out that art is something that just takes time and patience.

For our final project, we could choose about just anything to draw. I wanted to do something that was meaningful to me. Earlier in the semester, we did an assignment that is a format of art called a triptych. Basically, it is when you draw three things side by side to compare them to each other. I wanted to show my life in one drawing, so I decided my three drawings would show high school, college, and post-college.


Here's the final product below:

Left, graduation hat and diploma from high school. Middle, Saint Michael's Purple Knight logo. Right, an ESPN notebook to show I might be interested in doing something with sports journalism in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment