Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Preparing for Christmas

It's crazy to think that Christmas is only 5 days away. Christmas is one of those holidays that I usually am totally prepared for, but this year, I found myself doing a lot of last minute shopping and decorating. I originally just bought my parents and my brother clothes from the Saint Mike's bookstore, but as soon I got home, I was sent on a mission to buy some other presents for some of my other relatives. I think after shopping on Black Friday this year from midnight-5am, I've grown to like shopping when the stores are crowded. I know, I know, it sounds weird, but it just makes me even more determined to shop and get things crossed off of the list. Along with shopping, there were many other things that my family and I had to cross off the preparation list to make sure we are going to be ready for Christmas Day.

Final result from shopping.
Shopping for family and friends. 
As mentioned above, that was definitely a success. My friend, Kelsi, and I went shopping at the mall for four hours on Saturday. You would think that would be enough time to complete all of the shopping, but I had to go back to the mall again on Sunday.

Wrapping the presents.

Putting up the tree and decorating it

A couple of years ago, I won a tree at the Festival of Trees, an event that takes place in Massachusetts where Christmas trees are decorated and people have the chance of winning them through a raffle. My tree had a Santa theme to it. Ever since I won that tree, my family has continued to use the fake tree each year. To switch things up, my brother, his girlfriend, and I went to go on the hunt for a real tree on Sunday.  It may have been a little bit last minute getting a tree when Christmas is only a week away, but in my dad's words, "Well, at least we don't have to worry about the tree dying"

                                                 
I can't wait until Christmas Eve because my family is going to Connecticut to exchange gifts with the rest of my extended family. It's going to be a great time, as will Christmas, which I spend at my house with my family. Until next time, tweet or formspring!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great post.I am impressed from it.


    Thanks for more sharing......





    " Tourism Marketing "

    ReplyDelete