Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time Flies By

My high school graduation song, Never Forget You by Lupe Fiasco, has been a reoccurring song that always finds a way of appearing on shuffle on my iPod. I'll sing along to it any time it plays, but the words of the song never entirely hit me. Last night, Never Forget You came on again. This time, I listened to the words, rather than belting out the words, and it brought me back to the night of my graduation.


It seemed like graduation was just yesterday, but now summer's almost over. Majority of my friends are staying in the New Hampshire area for college, making me the farthest one away out of all of my friends. I was initially scared because I thought that all my friends would be seeing each other more since they are either attending the same school, or are in a close traveling distance away from each other. Now, I've noticed that the distance doesn't seem to matter all that much. I'll miss my friends a lot, but we are still going to keep in touch through texting and skype, and see each other on breaks and visits to each other's colleges. With fifteen days left until move- in day, I'm spending these days having a good time with my friends and family before I leave. I know that within the next two weeks, there are going to be a lot of see you later's (not good-byes) to say to my friends. It's going to be hard, but I honestly cannot wait to start Saint Mike's. I'm so excited to meet new people and to start my time there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment