Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Events: Softball in the Snow?

Sometimes, it's fun to go away for the weekend and do things that you wouldn't normally do. This weekend, I played in a winter softball tournament called Freezing Fun with Families with my two suitemates this weekend. What was great about it was that it was an opportunity for some suitemate bonding time and a chance for me to play softball again. I played travel softball up until my junior year of high school, so playing this weekend brought up some good memories from one of my favorite pastimes.
my travel softball team that I played on for 5+ years


The only difference between playing travel softball and playing winter softball is that well... there's a lot of snow during winter softball. The snow and the cold temperatures were at first hard to get used to, but after a while, it was really fun. At the end of the weekend, our team got eliminated because we lost two games. Winning didn't seem too matter because the tournament was for raising money for two girls battling cancer. This tournament has been very successful in the past years, and it even earned the title "World's Largest Snow Softball Tournament" in the Guinness Book of World Records. It was an awesome event to be apart of and a perfect way to spend the week!

For SMC students...

For prospective students...

No comments:

Post a Comment