Monday, October 17, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

On Friday, I left Saint Mike's to head home for Salem, NH until Tuesday afternoon. It was surprisingly sad to leave my friends at Saint Mike's, since we have all gotten so close from only knowing each other for two months. Nonetheless, I was still super excited to go home to see my family and friends. While college has been awesome so far, I learned some of the benefits of going home:
Homecooked meals: With freshmen having an unlimited meal plan, there comes a time where you want to switch up the Alliot routine and want your parent's cooking.
Yummy omelette cooked by my mom on the left. On the right, steak tips, mac and cheese, and baked beans :)
Showering in a more open space with no flip flops! : I was so stuck in a routine where I would grab my shower tote, a towel, and put on my flip flops to go into the shower, that I almost forgot about how life is  showering without flip flops. It was definitely refreshing to be in a less confined space and not to have to wear them.
Driving: I got so used to taking the bus everywhere I went, that I almost forgot what it was like driving.
Just cruisin'
Seeing my cats: 
Lily, on left. Ruby, on right
Sleeping in my own bed: My bed is comfy back at Saint Mike's, but there's really nothing better than sleeping in your own bed.
Parent's Willingness to Help You Out: Of course your parents miss you while you're gone, but sometimes they actually miss doing stuff for you.  Exhibit A below :)
My mom working hard doing my laundry.
and of course.....
Seeing my family and friends: It's always good to know that you have your friends from back home and your family there for you when you come home. My parents and my brother were all extremely excited to see me, which made me even happier that I was home.  As for my friends, I was able to see some of them at the schools they go to, University of New Hampshire and Southern New Hampshire University. For my friends that I didn't see, I know Thanksgiving break will be a time for all of us to reunite.
On the left, my family! On the right, my friends and I all together.
Overall, going home was awesome, but at the same time, I can't wait to head back to Saint Mike's tomorrow!

tweet, formspring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment