Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finals Week: Discovering Durick's Den and Study Breaks

Finals week is a very stressful week. There's a lot of studying to do in order to make sure you're prepared for your exam, but it doesn't mean that there aren't fun things around campus to do for a nice study break.

For example, last Saturday, comedian John Hodgman came to SMC. He was really funny and he made sure to engage the students in his jokes. At one point, he had 4 volunteers come up to the stage to read off a script. Fortunately, I was one of the four volunteers. It was a cool experience, and since I'm in the Programming Committee for Student Association, I was able to talk to him, get his autograph, and get a picture with him after the show. It was a great break from preparing for finals!

with comedian John Hodgman


So after the comedian, it was back to studying for the finals I had. This semester, my finals schedule was pretty manageable. I had only two in class finals today and Tuesday, and I'll be taking my last final on Friday. This round of finals, I've found my new place for studying in groups: Durick's Den. Durick's Den is in the lower level of the library, and it's filled with vending machines, sofas, booths, and chairs. It just has an overall really chill feel to it. Not to mention, the school has been providing cookies, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate for free during finals week in Durick's Den. Snack breaks are the best breaks because who doesn't love food?

Speaking of food, going to Alliot keeps me sane during finals week. It's good to just de-stress and hang out with friends. There were crayons on the tables last night for de-stressing and bringing out our inner child to draw and just have fun.

what my friend Brianna drew

Hope everyone has a good rest of finals week and remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment