Friday, February 24, 2012

Accepted Student Open Houses

Right around this time last year, I was on my way to Saint Mike's to come here for an Accepted Student Academic Day. I got to meet with professors that were in my major and do a lot of things similar to the things on the schedule for an Accepted Student Open House. In my post about why I chose SMC, I talk about how the Academic Day was also the day where I went over to Admissions to put in my deposit to officially go here. The Academic Day really helped show me what a typical day would be like here. I was immediately sold on how welcoming the community and the professors were. Unfortunately, the Accepted Student Academic Days are full, but I still suggest going to Accepted Student Open House because they can help with your overall college decision.

There are two days that you can still register for:
Saturday, April 14th
Saturday, April 21st

Here's what the schedule looks like for the day:
8:45-9:45 a.m. : Honors Program Reception (McCarthy Arts Center- by invitation)
9:30-9:45 a.m. : Registration for Tours in Ross Sports Center
9:45-10:45 a.m.: Tours leave from Ross Sports Center
11:00-11:15 a.m. : Registration in Ross Sports Center (for later arrivals)
11:15-11:45 a.m. : Opening Presentation in Ross Sports Center where Vice President of Enrollment Jerry Flanagan, college President Jack Neuhauser, and a current student speak about Saint Mike's and welcome you to the college
11:45- 12:30 p.m. : Lunch in Tarrant Recreation Center or Academic Fair (Ross Sports Center)
- At the Academic Fair, you have the opportunity to find information about MOVE, study abroad programs, internships, student resources, honor programs, athletics, multicultural events, residence life, campus ministry, wilderness program, fire and rescue program, and a lot of other programs!
12:30- 1:15 p.m. : Lunch or Academic Fair
1:30-3:00 p.m. : Student Panels
***This part was a big reason why I was also sold to come here. At the panel, you are allowed to ask any questions to current students on whatever may be a concern to you such as professors, classes, or the social scene. The students are really open and honest and they help give you more of a perspective on what Saint Mike's is like.

Even if you can't come to one of the Accepted Student Open Houses, I suggest going on a day visit, especially during the school session. It gives you a chance to see what a typical day is like for a student here!

Have anymore questions about the open house or anything else about Saint Mike's? tweet, formspring

No comments:

Post a Comment