Saturday, June 16, 2012

Finding Out Your Roommate

By now, you should have your New Student Guide which is almost like Saint Michael's very own encyclopedia; it informs you about everything you need to know. It lets you know about classes, dorms, room essentials, summer programs, and a lot more!


When I first got my New Student Guide last summer, I couldn't put it down. I was excited to look at all of the classes I could take and to see what summer programs I could sign up for. I was also excited, yet nervous and scared for filling out the roommate survey that is also included in the guide. I was looking forward to finding out who my roommate was going to be, but I was also scared and nervous because what if I wasn't matched up well enough? What if my roommate and I didn't get along? Well, after answering questions about what kind of music you listen to, what time you go to bed, how clean or messy you are, etc, it's all a matter of sending in your survey and waiting until early to mid July to find out who your roommate is. You'll receive an e-mail through your SMC account saying what dorm you will be living in and who your roommate is. For me, when I got that e-mail all of those initial worries I had faded away. It felt like the whole college experience was becoming real. Also, the e-mail gives you your roommates's contact information. I recommend that as soon as you find out, you get in touch so you can figure out what things you have in common and who will bring what (refrigerator, microwave, tv, etc.)

And a little side note.. for those who also read Alex's blog may have seen that we have been working on a super top secret project together. Well, we just received the good news the other day so I thought I would share it with you all! We have officially started a Saint Michael's chapter on hercampus.com. The Saint Michael's chapter most likely won't be launched until the Fall, but meanwhile check out the site to see what it's like!

any questions? formspring, tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment